Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies
A New Concept in Women's Health Care
Throughout the planning for the new hospital, a set of guiding principles directed all the efforts. Ideals such as healing, caring, warmth, dignity and repect have been the focus for the new hospital. Our desire is that each mother, baby and family who walks through the doors will feel a sense of peace. Much thought was also given as to how we can best incorporate these values in the name. Winnie Palmer embodied these ideals and in so doing, touched countless lives.
Before her death in 1999, Winnie loved Arnold Palmer Hospital and those who knew her remember that she always wanted to be a part of it. In many places in the hospital you can see the impact she made. Arnold and Winnie both really cared for the children. Together, they helped us form the vision for the hospital. And together, they have left a permanent mark on the lives of thousands of families from around the world.
Healing Environment Design Elements
- The use of warm, stress-reducing colors and tones to create a serene environment
- Private rooms with Murphy beds
- Patient-centered flow and function
- Shorter corridors bringing nursing stations closer to patient rooms
- Acoustic control features to diminish noise levels
- Natural lighting with oversized windows in patient rooms
- Flexible space to respond to future needs
- Exterior patios
- Family space / celebration rooms